If you live in Saudi Arabia, hair loss may be completely normal for you. This is because we get tons of questions on how to get rid of this frustrating problem. So, The Dermo Lab reached out to Dr. Amal Sewidan, specialist in dermatology, cosmetology and laser, to reveal to you the causes and solutions of hair loss among Saudi women.
What Causes Hair Loss among Saudi Women?
There are 3 main factors that contribute to this hair problem, which can be avoided when taken into consideration:
1- Climate Conditions: The climate of Saudi Arabia is marked by hot and dry continental summers and cold dry winters. So, the effect of such harsh climate conditions on your hair should come as no surprise to you. Add to this the lack of proper hair care routine, which all in all can damage your strands, thus contributing to this problem.
2- Sun Rays: Overexposing your hair to sun rays makes it drier, dull, lifeless, and prone to breakage. Given that the Kingdom’s rays are extremely strong in all seasons, you can only imagine the damage your hair can suffer if it isn’t well protected.
3- Mistakes in Wearing the Hijab: Dr. Sewidan indicates that wearing hijab by itself doesn’t cause hair loss, but rather protects it from the sun and polluted air. However, the problem lies in the common mistakes Hijabis make, such as wearing synthetic head scarves, covering hair while it is wet, never exposing it to the sun … These factors have a huge effect on covered hair and are the main causes of hair loss.
How to Reduce Hair Loss?
Now that you know why hair loss is such a prevalent problem in the Kingdom, time to reveal the solutions:
1- Nourish and Strengthen your Hair: Bottom line is, external factors have a serious effect on your hair, but with proper care, you can win this battle by using an anti-hair loss shampoo and lotion. In addition, it’s important to apply nourishing hair masks two to three times a week to complement the effect of the shampoo.
2- Apply Hair Sun Protection Products: Applying sunscreen on your skin before going out is quite a must. Another must? Applying hair sunscreen! Sun protection for hair is the only way to protect your hair from the effects of UV rays, from the roots to the ends, points out Dr. Sewidan.
3- Prevent your Covered Hair from Falling: If you notice fallen hair on your hijab, try to avoid the common mistakes mentioned above, i.e.:
- Avoid wearing synthetic hijabs and rely mainly on cotton fabrics.
- Dry your hair well before covering it.
- Brush your hair regularly to stimulate blood circulation in the hair follicles.
- Trim your hair ends every 6 to 8 weeks to prevent breakage and damage.
- Always change head scarves because they absorb oil and sweat from your hair.
- Wear your hair down at home to allow it to breathe.
- Expose your hair to sunlight once a week to provide your scalp with necessary vitamin D.
Follow these steps daily, and you will notice your hair becoming healthier and alive despite the harsh climate conditions. To help you get the desired results, we recommend you rely on the following products from Ducray, the iconic brand for hair care products:
– Anaphase+ Anti-Hair Loss Complement Shampoo: This shampoo is specially designed to reduce hair loss thanks to its advanced formula enriched with essential hair vitamins. Use this shampoo from Ducray to complete the anti-hair loss treatments and clean your scalp deeply. When you use it, you’ll notice your hair becoming stronger and healthier in no time!
– Creastim Anti-Hair Loss Lotion: If your hair loss is temporary (has lasted for less than 6 months), we recommend you invest in this lotion, which is considered one of the most effective treatments. It grows new hair and prevents hair loss, so you will notice within a short period that your hair is back thick and healthy.
– Neoptide Anti-Hair Loss Lotion For Women: Another Ducray lotion specially designed to target chronic hair loss as it stimulates hair growth. Its lightweight texture is suitable for daily use since it doesn’t leave any oily marks on the hair. It has a proven efficacy starting from three months of use.